So… what DO Belly Breathing, Peeing Dogs, and Spiderman All Have in Common…?
They are all integral parts of a full warm-up regimen, of course!
Most people avoid warming-up for the following reasons:
1. They find it boring
2. They find it too time-consuming
3. They just flat-out aren’t sure what to do.
A few months ago I wrote a comprehensive article for EliteFTS Detailing exactly what to do in your warm-up. Within the article, there is a video showing good and bad form for most of the exercises, as well as a complete write-up of exactly how to perform each exercise, progressions and regressions, common form flaws, cues, etc.
Of course it would be ideal to perform a warm-up that was tailored to your exact needs but if you can’t do that, this is the next best thing!
So back to those excuses above?
1. It’s boring – This warm-up routine is far from boring, and if it helps you feel better and lift more weight? Well there’s nothing boring about that!!
2. It’s too time-consuming – This entire warm-up can be done in less than 15 minutes! (and you know you spend at least that long walking on the treadmill and doing a couple of toe touches and side bend stretches trying to get “warmed-up” anyway!)
3. You’re not sure what to do. It’s all outlined below! BOOM!
There you have it. No more excuses. Now get to warming up!
Check out the article here: You Can’t Get Jacked If You’re All Jacked Up!
Check out the video here:
What do you think of the warm-up? Love it? Hate it? Did we leave anything out? Let me know what you think below!